As the OnePlus Nord is scheduled for announcement next week, we got a bunch of stories about it last week. OnePlus’ Carl Pei showed off the phone in grey and cyan. He also appeared to be using the new OnePlus Buds, in matching cyan.
- The Buds were confirmed to launch alongside the Nord on July 21.
- The battery capacities of the iPhone 12 series were revealed by certification docs. It looks like the iPhone 12 models will have slightly smaller battery capacities compared to the current iPhone 11 lineup.
- The 5.4-inch iPhone 12 will have a 2,227mAh cell, the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro will have a 2,775mAh battery, while the 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max will have a 3,687mAh pack. The same certifications also revealed Apple has a 20W charger for the iPhone 12 models. The current-gen iPhone Pro’s come with an 18W power delivery charger. Whether Apple will bundle the new 20W charger with the iPhone 12 Pro’s remains unclear.
- Speaking of fast charging, Oppo officially announced 125W wired flash charge and 65W wireless AirVOOC charging. Let these numbers sink in – with 125W charging you can get a 4,000mAh battery to 41% in just 5 minutes, while even with the appropriate throttling going to 100% takes just 20 minutes. And you can charge that same battery to 100% in about 30 minutes with 65W wireless charging. The future is now!
- Google revealed the Pixel 4a to the World on its Canadian website. The render is in line with everything we’ve seen of the Pixel 4a.
- Xiaomi held an even to introduce the Mi TWS Earphones Basic and Mi Smart Band 5 outside China. It also launched the Mi TV Stick, a 34-inch 144Hz monitor and two electric scooters globally.
The final big story is about the Snapdragon 875. It will reportedly launch early in 2021 and be based on a 5nm process.
- The battery capacities are lower than on the iPhone 11 series.
- An official press render of the Pixel 4a was up on Google’s Canadian store.
- The band has a larger display and convenient charging, but lacks NFC. The TWS buds can deliver AAC audio for up to 20 hours.
- The company has also developed a pocket-sized 50W mini SuperVOOC charger and 110W mini flash charger.
- It’s arriving on July 21 with a Snapdragon 765G SoC.
- The device will have new flat sides and a redesigned S Pen.
- It will only be available starting in August, though.
- There’s also a render of the OnePlus Nord in Grey as a bonus.
- Snapdragon 875G is coming early next year.
- An event is scheduled for July 23 at 7 PM local time.
- The Galaxy A72 is said to be the first mid-ranger from Samsung to feature OIS.
- Linux and Mac support coming soon.
- The stick is a cheaper alternative to the Mi Box. The gaming monitor costs less than most 144 Hz 1440p monitors, but promises better colors.
- The keynote will start at 12PM IST time.
- The Reno4 Pro is seen in a new color variant and will come with up to 12GB of RAM.
Availability was not detailed though.
This could mean that the phone is coming earlier than October.
It sports a 90Hz display and is powered by an unknown MediaTek chipset.
It’s already up for pre-orders in China.