Forgot your Wi-Fi password? No problem. In this guide, you will be learning how to check Wi-Fi password on Windows 10.
Wi-Fi is known to be a family of wireless network protocols used to connect devices and give internet access. Although the Wi-Fi facility is very common in desktops, laptops and mobile phones, nowadays, there are other devices like smart televisions, printers, cars, that use the facility. Wi-Fi network helps these devices to connect to one another without any intermediate app.
Most PC users automatically log in their devices to a Wi-Fi network. As a result, they tend to forget their Wi-Fi password over time. If you have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, you can always check it on your Windows 10 enabled PC.
This guide will expatiate the easiest method of retrieving your Wi-Fi password without the need of a third-party app.
How to Check Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10
- Ensure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to check.
- Now, hold Windows + I keys on your keyboard to launch Settings.
- While on the Settings page, click Network & Internet, then from the left-hand of the page, click Wi-Fi.
- Further, from the extreme left of the page, click Network and Sharing Center and select the Wi-Fi network name.
- Now, click on Wireless Properties and then Security.
- Finally, enable Show characters and the Wi-Fi password is displayed right in front of you.
The guide will only work on Windows 10 PC, although, the guide follows a similar method on Windows 8. If your PC is running a Windows 8 OS version, you can search for Network and Sharing Center and follow the steps highlighted above.