Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms where people engage and interact through tweets. In this discussion, I will be explaining how to download videos and animations from Twitter.
Up till now, the Twitter platform only allows users to download images attached to tweets, but not videos and animations. However, it is not like it is impossible to download files in those formats from Twitter.
I think twitter must have restricted its users from downloading those files just to limit the way it spread across the internet and to give the original uploader a control over his property.
As a result, if you are going to download videos from Twitter using my methods, I will implore you to use the videos downloaded for genuine purposes.
There are two major ways through which you can download videos from tweets.
Ways to download videos from Tweets
- Using third-party apps and software
- By tagging Twitter downloader bots
How to Download Videos Using Third-Party Apps
There are many apps that let you download videos and files on Twitter. Some even work across all social media sites. With this, you can easily download videos and animations for later use.
Some of the video download apps you can install are;
Third-Party Apps to Download Videos from Twitter
- Twitter Video Downloader
- Videoder Downloader
- Internet Download Manager
How to use Twitter Video Downloader
- To download Twitter videos using the apps, you need to,
- Launch Twitter and read tweets like you normally do.
- Watch out for any tweet with videos you like and will like to download.
- When you see one, copy the video URL from the tweet.
- Proceed to http://twittervideodownloader.com/ and paste the URL you have copied.
- Finally, click on download and the process should begin immediately and saved in your downloads folder.
How to use Videoder Downloader
To use Videoder, follow the steps below.
Start by installing the app from Here.
- Go to Twitter to get a video link
- Launch the Videoder app and paste the URL in the search bar.
- The video will load on your screen and you can select the format and quality you want it to download.
- Finally, proceed by tapping download.
Option B (Faster)
- Go to Twitter and read tweets.
- When you see a video you like, tap share and choose Videoder.
- Videoder will prompt you immediately to choose your resolution and download immediately.
As the video downloads, Videoder is closed and you continue using Twitter without any break in transmission. Also, it works with all social media sites.
How to use Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Start by downloading IDM for your PC.
- Install the app on your system and launch your browser.
- Search the IDM add-on for your browser and install.
- Now visit Twitter from your browser, and hover a video.
- You see a pop-up with an option to download the video.
- Click on download and enter a name for the video and choose a storage location where you want it downloaded.
Finally, click start and the download begins automatically.
How to Download Videos by Tagging Twitter Downloader Bots
This is by far the easiest way to download video files from tweets. The only thing you need to do is mention the video downloader bot as a comment under any tweet with the video file you like to have.
Some popular bots that you can mention to download
After this, the downloader bot replies your mention with a link generated for you to download the video.