After unveiling the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, Apple has started rolling out a new update to all of its supported phones and tablets. The new iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 update, brings small updates and bug fix. The update is expected on the new iPhone 12 series or at least pop up as an update notification.
Some of the issues addressed by the update include where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen, issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias and more. Check Out the complete changelog below.
iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 Changelog
- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in Photos for iPhone 8 and later.
- Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen.
- Addresses an issue where dragging widgets on the Home Screen could remove apps from folders.
- Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
- Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying region information
- Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed display mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen emergency call button overlapping with the text input box
- Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an issue that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
- Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a family member’s Apple Watch for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Apple Watch case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
While the update is being rolled out, Apple is currently working on iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 update. A Beta version will be made available to developers soon.