Last year, Huawei announced the P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro+, all of which came with 5G support. Now the come has launched a new member of the series that supports 4G network. The 4G version features similar specifications, aside from being powered by the Kirin 990 4G SoC.
Just like all the other versions of the P series, the 4G version comes sporting a 6.1-inch FHD+ OLED display, with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 Pixels. It has a dimension of 148.3×71.6×8.5mm, with a weight of 175 grams. The phone comes sporting with In-display fingerprint sensor, and it is both water and dust resistant.
HUAWEI P40 4G Key Specs
- 6.1-inch (2340 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 4G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM (nano-SIM + eSIM)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, dual-tone LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Camera for Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP53)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 148.3×71.6×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 3800mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W SuperCharge
The P40 4G comes with 8GB of RAM, with an internal storage capacity of 128GB. This can further be expanded up to 256GB with an NM card. It runs on Android 10 with EMUI 10.1 and packs a 3800mAh battery with 22.5W SuperCharge.
For the cameras, the phone comes with a 50MP Ultra Vision Camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera, and 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom. On the right is a 32MP AF Camera and IR Depth Camera that support autofocus and Bokeh reproduction, as well as IR Face Unlock for device unlock even in low light conditions.
Price And Availability
The HUAWEI P40 4G comes in Dark Blue and Frost Silver colors, with a price tag of $617.